Symbiosis MA Mass Communication
October 22, 2022 – January 5, 2023
|Master of Arts (Mass Communication) – M.A.(Mass Communication) – Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication – Pune|
|1||Commencement of Registration||Saturday, October 22, 2022|
|2||Closure of Registration||Thursday, January 5, 2023|
|3||Admit Card Generation||Monday, January 16, 2023|
|4||SIMC MA (MC) Online entrance test (Home Proctored)||Sunday, January 29, 2023|
|5||Entrance Test Result Declaration||Tuesday, February 7, 2023|
|6||Shortlist Declaration||Tuesday, February 14, 2023|
|7||SIMC Group Exercise – Personal Interaction and Written Ability Test (GE-PIWAT) (Virtual)||WAT – Thursday, Feb 23, 2023|
GE-PI – Sat-Sun Feb 25, 26 2023
|8||Announcement of First Merit list Date||Monday, March 13, 2023|
|9||Programme Commencement||June 2023|
Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication (SIMC), Pune, is ranked among the top media and communication colleges in the country, offering courses in MA (Mass Communication) and MBA (Communication Management). For 30 years, SIMC, through its holistic pedagogy, has honed the unique talents of generations of students, who have been taking the media and communication industry to greater heights.
SIMC’s MA programme, which offers a diverse set of courses across communication theories and culture, film and television studies, digital multimedia and digital technologies, offers two specializations – Audio Visual and Journalism.
SIMC’s MBA programme, which offers courses in marketing, advertising, market research and digital communication as common subjects, provides the students choice of selecting major and minor specializations from the four specializations of Brand Communication, Media Management, Public Relations and Marketing & Media Analytics.
Few of our many aspirants at Catalyst who pursued MA Mass Communication at Symbiosis in recent years :
We mentor media sector aspirants with entrance test, interview and fieldwork support to prepare for Mass Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, Advertising, Film and Television Production, Media and Cultural Studies programmes offered by TISS, Symbiosis, XIC, ACJ, Jamia Millia, IIMC
Register for a free Career Mapping Session via the link below :
Program Educational Objective (PEOs)
- SIMC students will learn the academic and professional nuances of the discipline of media and communication from multiple perspectives and contexts.
- SIMC students will contribute to the academic, research, scholarship and professional profile of both media & communication education and the media & communication industry.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Our graduates would be at the forefront of media and communication industry as competent professionals, entrepreneurs and thought leaders.
- Our graduates will demonstrate critical thinking and creativity through integration and application of knowledge, skills and attitude in a value-based framework.
- Our graduates would successfully compete in the volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous (VUCA) global environment shaped by technological, societal and economic transformations.
- Our graduates will pursue continuous and proactive members of the community and civil society at large practicing eco-sensitivity and social responsibility.
Programme Outcomes MA (MC) Journalism
- To demonstrate understanding of History, Geography, Multi lingual, multicultural nature and all forms of diversity in India
- Understanding of principles, concepts and theories of different forms of journalism
- To enable students to think critically, creatively and Independently
- To be able to conduct research and analyze information by applying methods appropriate for journalism
- To be able to apply technologies essential for journalism
- To be able to gather, analyze and present news stories in relevant formats as per target audience and publications.
Programme Outcomes MA (MC) Audio Visual
- The program will help the students understand the idea of Audio-Visual production and film making as an art from and the essentials of various media platform styles and know the basics of the language of cinema.
- The student will able to assess basics of a number of methods of analyzing films be able to apply these methods to variety of film, and know why film studies favors certain methods
- The students will be able to demonstrate an advanced level of proficiency in filmmaking by producing and directing their own films working through the stages of pre-production, production and postproduction
- To enable the students to think criticality and innovatively through integration of knowledge, skills and good attitude.